- Empowering you to choose:Whether and how certain personal information you provide is used (where such use is unrelated to the uses for which you originally disclosed it); and Whether and the manner in which a third party uses certain personal information you provide (where such use is unrelated to the uses for which you originally disclosed it).
- Assuring you that Begrids:Takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.Implements reasonable policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is kept only for the purposes for which it has been gathered.Uses reasonable measures to ensure that we have accurately and completely recorded the personal information you have provided; and Provides you reasonable access to your personal information as well as procedures for correcting or modifying that information where appropriate.
- Getting to Know Our CustomersWe are the Internet’s leading domain name registrar and web hosting company because we have taken the time to get acquainted with our customers. We get to know you primarily through the information you provide to us when signing up for, or using, one or more of our services. The information you provide ranges from basic contact information, to payment information, to the technical coordinates of your host servers. The application for web hosting registration found at Begrids is a representative illustration of the information we request of you. All of the information we request from you when purchasing our services is obligatory unless otherwise noted on the relevant form. When you purchase our services, you agree to provide and maintain accurate, complete and updated information including your name, email, address and phone. After you have signed up for our services, we may be in communication with you about your account, technical questions you may have about services provided by us, or any other matter relating to those services. Those communications are essential to our relationship with you and to our ability to provide you with quality services that are responsive to your needs. At the same time, those communications give us helpful insights about you, your preferences and the ways in which we might improve our services. We therefore may maintain this information for future use. For operational and quality assurance purposes, we take note of whether and how you use the information and services that we provide, such as by recording site traffic patterns and by maintaining log files of users’ access to site files.The information we receive from or about you is stored on systems designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of that information. The sensitive information, in terms of Information technology Act, collected at Begrids includes credit card numbers and account passwords. The account password is used by a Customer to gaining access to the services and is not used or accessed by Begrids or its affiliates / partners in any way, whereas the Credit Card details are processed at the Payment Gateway end, who are PCI Compliant and do not retain the sensitive information for the period more than required. The transmission of said sensitive information is encrypted in the interest of heightened privacy protection and information integrity.Further, transactions within our account manager and purchase flows use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when transmitting data from your connection to our systems. You may click the lock icon within your web browser to verify the authenticity of any or our SSL certificates.
- Information Corrections or ChangesYou have the ability to correct or change certain information in our records, such as your address and contact information. The process for changing your information begins at https://my.begrids.com/clientarea.php and then click on the My Details menu. You may change this information at any time and as often as necessary. If you need assistance or have questions about correcting information, you can contact us via e-mail at [email protected]
- How We Put Information to Good UseWe use information about you for purposes of monitoring and improving our internal operations, as well as to ensure we:(i) bill you properly
(ii) administer your account in accordance with your agreements with us
Further, we use the information we collect to direct important notices and information affecting your account or services, as well as to provide general information that may be of interest to you, including newsletters, surveys, contest and sweepstake announcements, and information about our service or product offerings or the offerings of our business affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving information from us simply by notifying us of your desire in accordance with the opt-out instructions contained in any information message you receive from us. Note, however, that in order to fulfill our service obligations to you, we must continue sending you notices and other important information affecting your account or services.
Finally, Begrids holding sensitive/ personal data or information of providers of information, shall not retain such information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under the User Agreement or any other law for the time being in force or unless ordered to the contrary by any order of court of law. The information collected shall be used for the purpose for which it has been collected. The information is collected and retained by Begrids on it’s server located at various locations in India.
- With Whom We May Share InformationPursuant to arrangements with Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (‘ICANN’), we compile and maintain a publicly accessible registration database that includes basic information about each domain name registered with us, including the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of individuals designated as points of contact for a given domain name. Whether or not applicable domain name registration fees have been paid is also publicly accessible. With the gradual continued privatization of the Domain Name System, and consistent with the rules or policies applicable to that system, or to comply with any changes in law or regulation, we may, if appropriate, take steps to restrict the accessibility and amount of personally identifying information available in the registration database.When you register a domain name through us, we must disclose your domain name and its associated Internet Protocol (“IP”) numbers to the appropriate registry in order to make your chosen domain name a functional address on the Internet. Certain registries also require that we disclose to them the names, postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses of individuals designated as the registrant or points of contact for a given domain name. Each registry discloses certain portions (and in some cases all) of the information we are required to provide to them about your domain name registration. For example, each registry discloses at least each registered domain name and its associated IP numbers (“TLD zone files”) to TLD server administrators so that the domain name is capable of functioning as an address on the Internet. Consistent with the current rules and policies for the Domain Name System, such registries also disclose the TLD zone files to other interested persons, provided those persons agree, among other things, not to use the TLD zone files for improper purposes, including the transmission of unsolicited commercial e-mail. Similarly, each registry may compile and maintain a publicly accessible database that includes basic information about each domain name registered with that registry, including the names, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses of individuals designated as the registrant or points of contact for a given domain name.We may share certain information about you with those of our vendors who are responsible for handling your account or performing other services that you require but no sensitive information is shared by any third party vendors. But we will not share such information with other third parties, except in response to formal requests (e.g., subpoena or court order) made in connection with litigation, arbitration, or criminal proceedings directly relating to a domain name registration or other services we provide, or as directed by you or your agent. Additionally, we may share the information stored on the publicly accessible registration database, as well as other information that is not of a sensitive nature, with carefully selected business partners, including those who offer services that complement those provided by us or which may otherwise be of interest to you. Please note, however, that consistent with the current rules and policies for the Domain Name System, information about you must remain available in the publicly accessible registration database.
(i) the purposes for which such third party’s personal data have been collected
(ii) the intended recipients or categories of recipients of the third party’s personal data
(iii) which of the third party’s data are obligatory and which data, if any, are voluntary